Fun Dental Facts! Fun Dentist! What more could you ask for?
1) The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough spit to fill 2 swimming pools!
2) You are should not keep your toothbrush near a toilet. The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to a distance of 6 feet. Yuck!
3) George Washington never had wooden teeth. His dentures were made from Gold, hippopotamus tusk, elephant ivory and human teeth!!
4) In 1994, a prison inmate in West Virginia braided dental floss into a rope, scaled the wall and escaped.
5) The longest teeth in the world are actually elephant tusks – sometimes weighing over 400 pounds.
6) The first toothbrush with bristles was manufactured in China in 1498. Bristles from hogs, horses and badgers were used. The first commercial toothbrush was made in 1938.
7) In Medieval Germany, the only cure for a toothache was to kiss a donkey.
8) Tongues are similar to our fingers – like fingerprints, the design of your tongue is 100% unique.
9) It seems children have the right idea about smiling…they smile about 400 times a day.
10) A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but can contain over 25,000 teeth!